DOING THE RIGHT THING WHEN IT COMES TO VOICE MAIL
We all share the goal of wanting to make our voice mails as effective as possible.
To do that, we need an easy-to-follow, step-by-step process.
- Start with your name and company.
- State the value of your call to the listener i.e.: I know that you want to reach a decision on _________.
- State the next step, set up a meeting, review input, etc.
- State your telephone number with a pause after area code, three digits and then at the end of the four digits.
- Pause and give the person time to find a pencil, give a short statement such as when we talk we can _________.
- Repeat the telephone number with pauses.
- Use pauses to give the person time to think; remember they are listening blind!
- Use intonation to show you are excited about talking with them.
- Keep it upbeat.
MAKING IT BETTER NEXT TIME
Now reach for the telephone and make that next call.
Don’t forget, graduates of our Open and Company Tailored Programs receive lifetime email and telephone support! Email or call us at 800-992-1414 to learn more about how The Executive Technique can help you succeed at your next communication challenge!